Training to Maintain Our Edge
The diesel industry is developing at a faster rate now than it ever has. The systems and technology are becoming increasingly more complex and demanding. In order to maintain our proficiency and position as a leader in this industry, we are committed to investing in our greatest assets, our team. To that end, we recently sent two of our technicians for some continuing education. Rich Hays, manager of our specialized remanufacturing facility in Carlinville, IL and Brandon Texier, common rail injector technician, attended a course sponsored by Diesel Components, Inc. in Burnsville, MN and provided by Lucas Diesel Systems. The course focused on rebuilding Bosch Common Rail Injectors; specifically CRIN 1 - 3.
Topics covered in this training were:
- CRI versus CRIN explanation and generational differences
- Injector IMA (aka - IQA) coding explanation
- Individual part identification and function
- Disassembly, failure analysis and part inspection with reuse guidelines
- Correct assembly techniques and mearsurements
Congratulations, Rich and Brandon, on successful completion of this course. Your dedication to your craft is appreciated.